Here comes the sun—with summer just around the corner, now’s the perfect time to update your makeup and skincare for those hot, humid days ahead. From air-dried hair to melt-proof makeup to knockout nails, summer’s best beauty looks are easy to achieve IRL. We’ve rounded up 10 must-haves to add to your warm weather beauty arsenal.
1. Give your hair dryer a vacation and embrace the air-dried look—one of this season’s hottest new trends. Whether your locks are straight or wavy, Living Proof Perfect Hair Day In-Shower Styler, available at Sephora, is your ticket to achieving salon-worthy air-dried hair. Apply in the shower and lightly rinse—it’s that simple.
2. When shorts and swimsuits are on the horizon, now’s the time to prep skin for its big reveal. Yves Rocher Cellulite Appearance Reducing Moisturizer helps to smooth and tighten skin using 92% natural ingredients, including Mangosteen extract (which targets fat areas). Dimpled skin may have met its match.
3. From sun to salt water, summer can do a number on hair. Create an invisible water resistant screen featuring UVA/UVB filters with Aveda Sun Care Protective Hair Veil. Scented with Aveda’s pure-fume™ aroma, the mist can be sprayed onto dry or damp hair.
4. Caudalie Grape Water (available at Sephora) is one of summer’s best skin savers. With its 100% organic formula extracted from grapes in Bordeaux, this French beauty product boosts hydration and reduces skin irritations and flushing. No wonder it’s a cult favourite among makeup artists and celebs. Perfect for any skin type, the fine mist can be used to set your makeup, refresh during the day and soothe after sun.
5. Bright, bold colours rule the pool, beach and city come summer. Crank up the heat with Essie’s Ole Caliente nail polish (a red-orange with pink undertones) available at Trade Secrets.
6. Swap your heavy foundation for a lightweight product that delivers sheer, flawless coverage like Lancôme Skin Feels Good, available at Hudson’s Bay. Infused with Moringa tree extracts and hyaluronic acid, this tinted moisturizer provides a healthy glow and boosts hydration.
7. Don’t let hot, humid weather melt your makeup. The Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner, available at Shoppers Drug Mart, is guaranteed to be your BFF this summer. Its thin marker-inspired tip ensures a precise application, so you can create the perfect cat eye (#goals) that will take you from dawn to dusk.
8. A wide-brim hat is an easy (and elegant) way to help prevent premature aging from the sun’s harmful rays. Tory Burch’s straw version can also be packed in a suitcase without losing its shape.
9. Earthy neutrals get spicy this summer with Urban Decay Naked Petite Heat eyeshadow palette. Featuring six matte shades and one demi-matte highlighting shade, this makeup bag must-have can be used wet or dry and with other colours, so you can create subtle and statement-making looks all summer long.
10. With its unique 2-in-1 gel texture and range of summer-ready shades, Chanel Rouge Coco Lip Blush Hydrating Lip and Cheek Sheer Colour, available at Holt Renfrew, is the latest dynamic duo of the beauty world. Enriched with Hydraboost complex (which includes natural jojoba and sunflower), it moisturizes lips and creates a pretty, sheer flush on cheeks.