Join Chef Alexandra as she shares her favourite tips and tricks to creating a wow-worthy charcuterie board.
- Pate or Terrine
- Soft Cheese
- Medium Cheese
- Hard Cheese
- Blue Cheese
- Crackers or bread
- Something Sweet
- Something Salty
- Dips and Spreads
- Food Processor (for dip)
- Cutting board
- Paring knife
- Serving platter
- Choose your meats and cheeses according to personal preference. There are many different types of each cured meat, but generally, there is at least one variety of each type mentioned. Feel free to expand past that as well; a smoked salmon or vegan cheese make for interesting and inclusive additions.
- Add something sweet, like figs, grapes, or tomatoes to the plate. This also helps add a splash of colour for aesthetic value.
- Add something salty to add to the complexity of flavours you're providing; pickles, olives, and nuts are a great choice.
- Finish charcuterie board by adding sips and sauces that elevates both flavour and texture.
- Garnish, and serve with bread or crackers.
Q&A WITH ALEXANDRA LAI
Alexandra Lai is the Kitchen Coordinator at The District Kitchen.
WHICH MILK DID YOU USE?
AL: I made sure to use homogenized milk – so that’s 3 ½ %. It is also lactose free.